Visa Updates for Kiwi Teachers
Looking to make the move to England to supercharge your teaching career? As you will know it was great news for Kiwi teachers when the UK and New Zealand signed a free trade agreement, which held important visa updates for those wanting to live and teach over there.
Previously the Tier 5 Working Holiday Visa was limited to those up to the age of 30 and was valid for only two years. The changes have come about sooner than thought allowing New Zealand-trained teachers up to the age of 35 to apply for a working holiday visa that will last three years. The changes are due to kick off in July 2023 so keep an eye on the immigration application page for regular updates if this is of interest to you.
Teachers currently on a valid Youth Mobility Visa will be entitled to apply for a one-year extension provided the current visa doesn’t expire before June.
Timeline for Kiwi teachers wanting to make the move
- Prepare your NZ Police Check (now)
- Ensure you have a valid passport (now)
- Save your $$$ (you will need $5033NZD proof of funds, $2805 for the visa and healthcare surcharge along with some savings to relocate and pay for your flights, bond and rent to kick off!)
- July/August apply for your visa
- September/October apply for a teaching job with Point to Point Education, interview and sign your contract with your chosen school
- November is the month for tying off loose ends, selling furniture, car and any belongings you won’t need over there
- December is the time to have your farewell party and spend time with family and friends before you take off
- Start your new job on or around the 8th of January!
The UK is the doorway to Europe, offering you plenty of places to travel to of your half-term break. Haven’t been to Europe before and looking for some hot travel tips? Check out our bucket list-worthy blog on travelling Europe.
There is no time like the present to make the move overseas. Make your travel and teaching dreams come true. Chat to the friendly team at Point to Point Education, and we can assist you every step of the way.
What is trending with travel and money?
What is trending with travel and money? European Summer is on the way! The days are getting longer, the nights are getting warmer. We all love to travel and it’s…Read More
Working Holiday Visa changes for Kiwi Teachers
Working Holiday Visa changes for Kiwi Teachers The Working Holiday Visa has been updated. The age limit has been increased from 30 to 35 starting from the 23rd June for…Read More