Ready for Change
So, you’re a qualified teacher who wants to live and work in England.
Point to Point specialises in placing Early Years, Primary, Secondary and SEN teachers in schools throughout England.
From the buzz of inner-city London schools to the quieter pace of country Oxfordshire, we have roles available for teachers from every level of experience.
Whether you’re a graduate teacher looking to kick start your career, or an experienced teacher searching for a new challenge, Point to Point has you covered.
First, we get to know you. We find out what’s important to you, professionally and financially, to establish what type of contract will best suit you. Short and long term contracts (on daily pay rates), as well as permanent contracts (on school salary), are available throughout the year.
Interviews with schools are usually held face to face if you’re already in England, or via Skype/ZOOM if you’re overseas. Each term, Point to Point arrange for British Principals to fly out to various countries like Australia, Canada, USA and New Zealand to interview teachers in person.
Why Point to Point?
Teaching qualifications open a world of possibilities to teachers who want to spend time living and working overseas. There are many varied teaching opportunities in England and teachers with international qualifications are well regarded and sought after by British schools.
Through Point to Point Education, you’ll receive:
- A dedicated consultant from day one, to help guide you through the entire process
- Interview coaching, to give you the confidence to win your dream teaching job
- CV coaching, to help your CV stand out above the rest
- Relocation guidance and preparation
- Invitations to networking and charity events throughout the year (Save the Children, Race for Life, Worlds Biggest Coffee Morning, Save the Koala)
- Regular pub meetups to connect with other Point to Point teachers
- Exclusive travel deals with our partners STA Travel, Koda Sail, Travel Talk, and Ever Thought of Trying
- Access to our closed Facebook group, The Point to Point Posse, to connect with other teachers doing the same thing as you.
- Your own mentor, to help you navigate new curriculum and assessment practices
- Weekly online CPD training seminars
- Travel photo competitions
- Invitations to social events throughout the year to meet new travel buddies and friends
- Experience in a new curriculum to enhance your teaching practice
- Acclimatization event and ongoing training for eligible STEM and MFL teachers
When do I start?
The British academic year runs from September to July and is split into three terms, with a one or two week holiday in the middle of each term. Positions usually start at the beginning of each term.
Starts early September and finishes one week before Christmas. Christmas holidays are for two weeks.
Starts in the second week of January and finishes early April. Easter holidays are for two weeks.
Starts two weeks after Easter and finishes mid-July. Summer holidays are six weeks over July/August.
How do I get started?
- Make an enquiry
- Expect a call to discuss your options
- Send us your CV and complete our registration form
- Skype with us, so we can get to know each other and find out what you’re looking for
- Interview practice and preparation
- Interview with a Principal
- Offer and acceptance process
- Apply for Visa and book flights
- Arrive in England and attend our welcome event
- First day of school!