Filled with modern art and culture, Leicester is one of the biggest towns in the East Midlands of England. Would you like to work and live in Leicester?
More about Leicester
Leicester is the county town of Leicestershire located in the East Midlands of England. It is the most populous town in the region with a population of over 330,000!
- Train: National Rail
- Plane: East Midlands Airport
- Automobile: M1, M69, A6, A46 motorways, various bus services
Did you know?
- All journeys using public transport in the area including parts of Leicester the cheapest option is to use an ‘One Card’ (available from stations and many shops) or a contactless bank card.
- Leicester has close links with a famous English king: the 2012 unearthing and identification of the remains of King Richard III in a council car park sparked a revival of interest in the city’s heritage.
What you can see
- Heritage: King Richard III Visitor Centre
- Museums: Jewry Wall Museum, New Walk Museum
- Tourist destinations: Curve Theatre, The Peak District, National Forest, National Space Centre
About schools in this region
Leicester City Education Authority has 74 primary schools and 17 secondary schools. It is home to a number of comprehensive schools and independent schools. There are three sixth form colleges, all of which were previously grammar schools. To view their OFSTED inspection reports please click here. Alternatively, you can compare the performance of the different schools by clicking here.
Point To Point works closely with teachers from Australia, New Zealand and Canada as well as from other destinations who wish to work in Leicester. We make sure that we profile teachers accurately so that we can match them with the right schools in Leicester. We work in partnership with our schools, visiting all our teachers on site and liaising closely with them to ensure that the placements are going well and that teachers feel secure and well supported. For more information, please contact us.
It is widely known that overseas-trained teachers have long been heading to England to extend and enhance their teaching careers and soak up the additional opportunity to travel extensively across…Read More
Many overseas-trained teachers who relocate to England to expand and continue their teaching careers will encounter working with special education needs (SEN) students. You will find many students with special…Read More