More teachers from around the world set to access the HPI Visa to teach in England!

More teachers from around the world set to access the HPI Visa to teach in England!


Are you graduating or have recently graduated from university?

The High Potential Individual Visa (HPI) set to help teachers across the world relocate to England to work.  The doors are opening and there are plenty of teaching opportunities to explore!

Does your university allow you to teach and live in England?

Some of the countries that are eligible include USA, Singapore, Switzerland, Germany, Australia, Hong Kong, Sweden, Canada, China, Japan, France. Check out the links below that relate to the year you graduated to see if you may qualify.

Why should I consider the HPI visa?

This new visa is a lot more cost-effective than the Tier 2 Skilled Migrant Visa and will be a fabulous steppingstone for teachers wanting to branch out and expand their teaching careers over in England.


Other qualifications

Some teachers will also qualify for Qualified Teacher Status if you trained outside the UK.   This will mean you have completed your induction year and are a fully qualified teacher in your own country.    It’s definitely worth applying for this and having your qualifications recognised as it places you on the Main Pay Scale equal to UK Trained Teachers with the same level of experience.  Apply here for you QTS.  Alternatively, if you are not eligible it doesn’t mean you are not able to go. You just need to apply for mutual recognition of your teaching qualifications via ENIC.

If you would like help with your CV, interviews and securing a teaching job in England, let the team at Point to Point Education guide you through the process step by step. Drop us a line today.